Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Angry Bird

Lately, I find myself playing a lot of angry birds (the addicting iPhone game app).

I understand that he's probably hitting the high hard one with whom-so-ever, but I'm trying to find anything that is mind numbing.

In walks the angry birds. Somehow animated bird destruction, eases my pain.

My 6' blonde friend came back from China yesterday. She lives there with her daughter and is a high-end fashion clothing designer. Of course, she looks fab while I feel like some poor schlep. 

After I gave her a facial and waxing, we put on our running shoes and she WORKED ME! I think she longs for the times that I was the fashion diva while she was still at the Art Institute.

I needed it. My son had plans with me for the 4th of July, but found a better deal elsewhere. Sadness ensues. 

Anywho, she took me up these long ass stairs and then back over to some other stairs and then we did lunges on the sidewalk. She is no joke.

She has some trouble with her boss and staff right now. They aren't pulling the numbers this last quarter and of course, they are looking at her, the lead designer. The staff is saying that she's cold and strict with them which is something I could see if you don't know her. She's actually the warmest most loyal person you could know, but she has been trained in the Anna Wintour/"Devil Wears Prada" school for personality development in the work place. 

I told her to start being warm and when I managed a salon/spa, I remembered the little things about each person. When all else fails though, blame YOUR boss. Good cop/bad cop always works in a pinch. Typically, it's your boss being the asshole anyway. Let them own their assholeness because it's not your responsibility to take that on.

After she killed me on the stairs, I went to the organic food store to get their homemade tomato soup. For the last 3 days, it's all I've been thinking about. Then, and it was just out of the blue, I went to go see "Snow White and the Huntsmen".

AMAZING!!! I'm so glad I went. I can't believe I saw "Magic (stupid) Mike" before I saw this. Snow White is so wonderfully independent and strong. It's like Disney meets a Jill Clayburgh movie!

I barely get home and I'm digging into the now tepid soup. Oh my word, it is so good. Fresh tomatoes with onions and some spinach leaves. I know it sounds yukky, but the flavor was to die for.

I'm laying down afterwards on the floor just thinking about Snow White. She could have given up. Chrissakes, her whole family is dead, she's up in a dungeon, and there is an evil witch wanting to rip her heart out. Snow white knew she had a bigger purpose though. She needed to save everyone from the evil step-monster mommy.

I'm laying there asking God for help again as tears are running down my face. "Please God, get this demon out of my heart. I need your help with this." Yes, I've decided my husband is a demon. Hell, wouldn't a demon be beautiful and charming to be able to lure you from goodness or anything else?

The phone keeps ringing. It's the Living Social people wanting to cash in their facial coupons. Ring after ring and I'm getting the feeling that God really isn't listening to my need for help. Finally, my sister calls. This must be the sign I've been waiting for.

I haven't heard from her, but twice in the last 2 weeks. She told me she's been down in the dumps and just wanted to stay away from people. She's under a lot of pressure plus, she feels fat. There has always been a weakness about that for her and her self-esteem.

Anywho, her husband, my bro-in-law, wants me to go with them to Portland. Get out and have some fun, he says. Awesomenesss! I did NOT want to go to the neighborhood party with all the assholes and looky-lou's. I'm so happy, but then she springs it on me.

Seems she feels I have been critical of her husband as of late and I need to be careful. WTF?! This is how she is. In fact, she's always been like this: oversensitive and manipulative (she doesn't ever want me to go). It's weird because she knows I typically am defending her husband when they argue. In fact, he's a good looking guy and thinks that the sun rises and sets in my crazy chubby-assed sister.

He's an artist and she said that the day when we got manis/pedis, I said something about him getting one too. She said he'd die before doing something like that. That was criticism. That is what she had a probem with and said that me saying that, "hurt her heart."

This is the same woman who used to say a plethora of horrible things to me and make fun of me when I was little. The one who chimed in and laughed at the jokes saying that I wasn't to bright. Or the person that called me a dork, a brat, a liar, etc.? She told me when I was little that my dad wasn't my dad and that his family wasn't my family. Does her heart hurt because of that? Nope.

I know it's the weight issue for her again. She thinks I'm going to say something because of her weight and it would devastate her. I won't though. My heart is as true as Snow White's and my forgiveness is very high.

I just wish she would feel better about herself so she can live her fullest and best life. I love her. She can really be an angry little bird and a big ass, but I love her.    








No comments:

Post a Comment