Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why are men so weird?

Night eating is my diet downfall.

In order to curb my inclination to devour everything and anything in my fridge, I keep myself on a very strict eating routine after the sun sets.

I give myself 2 choices: a big chicken salad with a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar or 2 bento skewers (chicken or beef). I love the bento skewers at my local organic market. The skewered meat comes in a luscious variety of flavors that would make anyone's mouth water. I could go on and on about the chili with lime, lemon basil, peach poblano, as well as many others. After working all day and then working out, it's so easy for me to pop by the market to pick up these delectable protein-laden treats. Unfortunately, it's now gotten weird.

Going to the meat isle has become odd and I have no idea why.The last time someone talked to me was this last weekend when a nice man wrapping my bento up said, "What are your plans for the weekend?" I told him with a sigh, "I'm working." He shrugged his shoulders," Yeah, I'm working too", to which I chime in and say, " yes, it's going to be great camping weather and we're working". I thanked him for the bento and went about my way.

Since that time, things have been weird. I go up to the meat counter and the meat guys leave. I know my ex knows a guy who works at the meat counter for the same company, but he is at a different store. No, I really think it's that thing where every man you talk to, thinks you're interested and want to hump his bones.

I'm really trying to lift my head up and not look down anymore. I want to be friendly and smile at people while looking at them in the eye, but men are so weird about that. They think you want to be with them when you're not even thinking that. In fact, I'm not even in the relationship/sex/what ever else kind of way. I'm just trying baby steps of socialization again and not being afraid of men.

My question is, why do they think that because your friendly, that you want them? Do they all think their hot? I really want an answer because this mindset just seems so weird to me... :/


No comments:

Post a Comment