Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bankruptcy

And sadness ensues...

Even though I got soon-to-be hubbies debt owned down to just his the $7000 garnishment, his lawyer is suggesting he still file bankruptcy.

Peeps, if he does this, all of his creditors will be looking for me. My lawyer suggests I file bankruptcy as well.

Here's the rub: this bankruptcy action completely annihilates my future.

I've always wanted to work in a high security level work. Maybe in D.C. or somewhere else and this bankruptcy would kill that dream completely. They won't touch me with a bankruptcy on my credit.

All that schooling, studying, and just generally buying my time raising my son until it was finally MY time...is all shot to hell.

Plus, it would take 10 years to get this off my record.

This is over $7,000 he won't pay, but he will pay his attorney $4,000? I'm sure his debtors would have taken $4,000 over seeing nothing and him filing bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy over $7,000 might make me have to let got of my dreams and quit school.

More sadness...


No comments:

Post a Comment