Sunday, June 24, 2012

Relaxing Sunday.

Even though I've been up for hours, I'm still in my comfy "eating" robe. You know the one, it's warm, comfy, and has all the food stains on it.

I just got out of bed just to make a couple eggs with toast and coffee. Ah, breakfast in bed and to make things complete, I put on Netflix.

To keep on with my bent towards documentaries lately, I watched the movie "Buck".

Yet again, I'm reminded that even though we may have come from difficult childhoods, we have a choice on how we are going to act as adults. We have the choice to control our emotions but, some of us have it harder than others.

I can't help but wonder how my husband would have been if he had made the choice to control himself and his emotions.

It's goes along with my eating/gorging myself all those years. Maybe it is a little harder for me because I have made it a habit to not try and harness my emotions, but to stuff them down with food all throughout my marriage. Kind of like the way my ex stuffed himself with booze, constant manic-like activity, and various other things.

Sometimes the people who are actually numbing their emotions out could be the greatest healers of our world. It's a choice and it takes less than a second to change your perception.

Take this Sunday to do some healing. Whether it's for yourself or for someone in need and watch this movie.

 Ugh, I think I want a horse now, but can someone else clean up the poo? I don't think I have the right shoes for that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment